1. Which country has the largest
number of migrants living abroad, as per World Migration Report 2020?
d) India ✔
1. (d) India
India is largest country of origin of international migrants, with 17.5 million living abroad, followed by Mexico (11.8 million) and China (10.7 million).
2. According to latest government notification, the GDP of second quarter shows how much growth rate?
a) 5 percent
b) 3.5 percent
c) 4.5 percent✔
d) 5.7 percent
2. (c) 4.5 percent
The latest notification by the Government of India revealed that the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for quarter 2 shows a growth rate of 4.5 percent.
3. The Parliament passed Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill. Which among the following provisions of the bill was seen as contentious?
a) Right to movement
b) Opportunity to hold public office
c) Getting a certificate of identity from District Magistrate✔
d) Right to rent, live or otherwise occupy property
3. (c) Getting a certificate of identity from District Magistrate
The transgender bill 2019 was passed by the Lok Sabha on August 5, 2019. The transgender community has been protesting for the bill to be sent to a select committee as it fails to address the fundamental right of a transgender to determine his or her identity but rather it confers power to the District Magistrate to grant certificate of identity to Transgender applicants.
4. When is National Constitution Day observed every year?
a) 22 November
b) 24 November
c) 25 November
d) 26 November✔
4. (d) 26 November
National Constitution Day is celebrated on 26 November every year in India. On this day, the efforts of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar, are remembered on this day. The Indian constitution was adopted on 26 November 1949 by the Constituent Assembly of India.
5. The Bill regarding the merger of two Union Territories was introduced in Lok Sabha on 26 November. The Bill calls for merger of which two UTs?
a) Ladakh & Jammu & Kashmir
b) Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu✔
c) Lakshadweep & Andaman and Nicobar Islands
d) Delhi & Chandigarh
5. (b) Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu
Union Minister G. Kishan Reddy on November 26, 2019 introduced the Bill regarding the merger of Union territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu in Lok Sabha. The Bill is named as “Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (Merger of Union Territories) Bill, 2019”.
6. When will the term of the 15th Finance Commission end?
a) October 30, 2020✔
b) March 31, 2020
c) July 31, 2021
d) April 30, 2020
6. (a) October 30, 2020
The term of the 15th Finance Commission has been extended till October 30, 2020. The Finance Commission will be submitting its interim report by November 30, 2019.
7. Which country was recently elected to the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO for first time?
b) Saudi Arabia✔
7. (b) Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia was recently elected to the World Heritage Committee of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) for the first time. The development came after the Kingdome won the membership of UNESCO Executive Board.