One liner Current Affairs for UPSC, BPS, SSC, UPPSC, UPSSC, IBPS PO
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi discussed with His Excellency Filipe Jacinto Nyusi, President of Mozambique. The leaders discussed the challenges posed in both countries by the continuing COVID-19 pandemic. India reaffirmed its willingness to support Mozambique’s efforts during the health crisis, including through the provision of essential medicines and equipment.
2. Union Cabinet led by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi approved the re-establishment of the Pharmacopoeia Commission for Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy as Subordinate Office under Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH). The commission will be formed by merging Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia Laboratory (HPL) and Pharmacopoeia Laboratory for Indian Medicine (PLIM).
3. Virendra Nath Datt, Director (Marketing), National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) has taken over the additional charge of Chairman and Managing Director (MD) of the Company on 3 June. Datt is associated with Company as Director (Marketing) since October 2018.
4. Union Minister of State (IC) Power and New and Renewable Energy and Minister of State (Skill Development and Entrepreneurship) RK Singh launched pan-India Real-Time Market in electricity through video conference in New Delhi on 3 June 2020. The real-time has placed the Indian electricity market amongst a league of few electricity markets in the world.
5. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Bhutan. The agreement was signed to improve cooperation in the areas of the Environment. MoU will enable and promote the closer and long-term cooperation between India and Bhutan in the field of environment protection and management of natural resources on the basis of equity, reciprocity, and mutual benefits.
6. Startup Blink has released the Startup Ecosystem Rankings Report 2020. India ranked 23rd in the report. The report ranks 1,000 cities and 100 countries worldwide, based on their startup ecosystem strength and activity level. Startup Blink is a global startup ecosystem map and research center.
7. The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi approved to rename Kolkata Port as Syama Prasad Mukherjee Port. The decision was made by the Board of Trustees of Kolkata Port Trust in its Meeting held on 25 February 2020. The Board also passed a Resolution to rename Kolkata Port as Syama Prasad Mukherjee Port.
8 The International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is annually observed by United Nations on 4 June. It was established in 1982 in the background of victims of the 1982 Lebanon War. The purpose of the day is to acknowledge the pain suffered by children throughout the world who are the victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse. This day affirms the UN’s commitment to protect the rights of children.