TOP CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR EXAMINATION.
• Global Day of Parents is celebrated on 1 June every year. The day aims to honour all the parents throughout the world. The observation of the day recognizes the primary responsibility of the family in nurturing and protecting their children. Global Day of Parents provides an opportunity to appreciate parents across the world for their selfless commitment to children and their lifelong sacrifice towards nurturing this relationship.
• Shri Pradip Kumar Tripathi has assumed charge as Secretary, Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India on 1 June 2020. He took over as Secretary upon the superannuation of present incumbent Binoy Kumar. The appointment was approved by the Appointment Committee of Cabinet. Binoy Kumar is a 1983 batch officer who had taken over as Secretary, Ministry of Steel on 1 September 2018.
• NTPC Ltd. has offered learning opportunities to its 19,000+ employees and their family members amid nationwide lockdown. The move by the company is to meet the requirements of the lockdown imposed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. NTPC has collaborated with the World Bank to provide learning opportunities.
• Assam State government presented the Annual Action Plan for consideration and approval of the Ministry of Jal Shakti. Government of India (GoI) approved Rs.1,407 crore for 2020-21 under Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM). Assam plans to provide tap connections to 13 lakh households out of a total of 63 lakhs in 2020-21.
• Lieutenant General Manoj Pande assumed charge as the 15th Commander-in-Chief of the Andaman & Nicobar Command (CLINICIAN) on 1 June 2020. He will replace Lieutenant General Podali Shankar Rajeshwar PVSM, AVSM, VSM, ADC. Shankar Rajeshwar was the 14th CINCAN and retired from service on 31 May 2020.
• World Milk Day is observed on 1 June every year. The day aims to provide an opportunity to bring attention to activities that are connected with the dairy sector. 2020 Milk day marks the 20th year since the initiative and the entire world celebrates the day to mark the significance of milk intake in the diet.