Current Affairs for RRB NTPC, SSC, IBPS
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has issued a notification making FASTags mandatory for all four wheel vehicles from 1st January 2021. This will apply to old vehicles as well as M and N category of motor vehicles sold before 1st December, 2017. As per Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989, the FASTag had been made mandatory for all registration of new four wheeled Vehicles since 1st December 2017 and is being supplied by the Vehicle Manufacturer or their dealers.
- Model and actor Milind Soman was booked by the Goa Police on November 6 for obscenity, days after he posted a photograph of himself running nude on a beach in the state. He is not the first celebrity in trouble with Goa Police for ‘obscenity’ this week — actor Poonam Pandey and her husband faced arrest for a controversial photoshoot, a video of which went viral online. Thus, two high-profile cases on ‘obscenity’ came in the same week. Section 294 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) punishes obscene acts or words in a public place.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate various development projects in Varanasi including Sarnath Light and Sound show. Sarnath is a place located 10 kilometres north-east of Varanasi city near the confluence of the Ganges and the Varuna rivers in Uttar Pradesh, India. The Deer Park in Sarnath is where Gautama Buddha first taught the Dharma, and where the Buddhist Sangha came into existence through the enlightenment of Kondanna.
- The government aims to expand the ambit of the production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme to include as many as ten more sectors such as food processing and textiles other than the already included mobile phones, allied equipment, pharmaceutical ingredients and medical devices. Apart from inviting foreign companies to set shop in India, the scheme also aims to encourage local companies to set up or expand existing manufacturing units.
- The 101st birth anniversary of Purushottam Laxman Deshpande — better known as Pu La Deshpande — has been marked with a Google Doodle. Purushottam Laxman Deshpande (1919 –2000), popularly known by his initials (“Pu. La.”) or as P. L. Deshpande, was a Marathi writer and humorist. He was also an accomplished film and stage actor, script writer, author, composer, musician (he played the harmonium), singer and orator.
- Ethiopia is on the brink of a civil war after Ethiopia’s Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed announced that he had ordered troops to counter an allegedly violent attack by armed forces in the country’s northern Tigray region. The Tigray Region is the northernmost of the nine regions (kililat) of Ethiopia. Tigray is the homeland of the Tigrayan, Irob and Kunama peoples.
Admit Card banking Bank po BIHAR bpsc Current Affairs Editorial Analysis english GK-GS ibps Jobs Prelims Previous question papers previous years question papers Recruitment Results RRB NTPC sbi ssc Study Notes syllabus Test The Hindu uppsc upsc UPSC-EPFO Vision Ias Vocabulary