1. RECKLESS (ADJECTIVE): (लापरवाह): irresponsible
Synonyms: rash, careless
It would have been reckless just to drive on.
2. FAULTY (ADJECTIVE): (दोषपूर्ण): malfunctioning
Synonyms: broken, damaged
The car met with an accident due to a faulty brake.
3. ISOLATE (VERB): (अलग कर देना): separate
Synonyms: segregate, detach
The country has been isolated from the rest of the world.
4. APPALLING (ADJECTIVE): (भयावह): shocking
Synonyms: horrific, terrible
The cat suffered appalling injuries during the attack.
5. POST (PREPOSITION): (उपरांत): subsequent to
American poetry post the 1950s hasn’t had the same impact.
6. SURVEILLANCE (NOUN): (निगरानी): observation
Synonyms: scrutiny, watch
He found himself put under surveillance by British military intelligence.
7. DESPERATE (ADJECTIVE): (निराश): despairing
Synonyms: hopeless, anguished
A desperate emptiness had occupied him.
8. BETRAY (VERB): (धोखा देना): deceive
Synonyms: break faith with, double-cross
Antonyms: be loyal to
A double agent betrayed some 400 British and French agents to the Germans.
9. RESOLVE (NOUN) : (संकल्प) : determination
She received information that strengthened her resolve.
10. ZEALOUS (ADJECTIVE): (उत्साही): fervent
Synonyms: ardent, fervid
The council was extremely zealous in the application of the regulations.