Every SSC Aspirants know that English Vocabulary plays an equal and very important role to qualify SSC Prelims or Tier 1 examination. Its play a weight of 25 % in Prelims or SSC tier 1 examination and 1/2 in Mains that is Tier 2 examination.
The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams (SSC, IBPS)
Vocabulary For SSC/IBPS, All Banking Examination
Top 10 Vocabulary for SSC CGL, IBPS, SSC CHSL,Insurance,
1. EXAGGERATE (VERB): (अतिरंजना करना): overstate
Synonyms: overemphasize, overstress
Antonyms: play down
He was apt to exaggerate any aches and pains.
2. CONTRARY (ADJECTIVE): (विपरीत): opposite
Synonyms: opposing, opposed
He ignored contrary advice and agreed on the deal.
3. ESCALATE (VERB): (तीव्र करना): grow
Synonyms: develop, mushroom
The disturbance escalated into a full-scale riot.
4. CAMARADERIE (NOUN): (सौहार्द): friendship
Synonyms: comradeship, fellowship
There is an enforced camaraderie in office life.
5. VEIL (VERB): (ढंकना): envelop
Synonyms: surround, swathe
She’s got long fair hair but she’s got veils them.
6. EQUITABLE (ADJECTIVE):(न्यायसंगत): fair
Synonyms: just, impartial
Inida has an equitable distribution of resources.
7. CAUTIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (सतर्क): careful
Synonyms: wary, aware
A driver has to be cautious always.
8. ENDORSE (VERB): (समर्थन करना): support
Synonyms: back, favour
He earns more money endorsing sports clothes than playing football.
9. EFFECTIVE (ADJECTIVE): (वास्तविक): virtual
Synonyms: practical, essential
She has been under effective house arrest since September.
Also Read : English Vocabulary for SSC CGL
10. COERCE (VERB): (मजबूर करना): pressure
Synonyms: pressurize, persuade
He was coerced into giving evidence.
Admit Card banking Bank po bpsc Current Affairs Editorial Analysis english GK-GS ibps Jobs Prelims Previous question papers previous years question papers Recruitment Results RRB NTPC sbi ssc Study Notes syllabus Test The Hindu uppsc upsc UPSC-EPFO Vision Ias Vocabulary