English vocabulary is tested both directly and indirectly in all the bank recruitment exams (SBI PO, SBI Clerk, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk etc). Generally, English vocabulary usually developed with time but for the preparation of various recruitment exams.
List of Top 10 Most Important English Synonyms and Antonyms With Vocabulary
1. MALICIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (दुर्भावनापूर्ण): spiteful
Synonyms: malevolent, hostile
Example Sentence: He had been found guilty of malicious damage.
2. INAUGURATE (VERB): (आरंभ करना): initiate
Synonyms: begin, start
Antonyms: wind up
Example Sentence: He inaugurated a new policy of trade and exploration.
3. ANXIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (चिंतित): worried
Synonyms: concerned, apprehensive
Example Sentence: She was extremely anxious about her exams.
4. RESUMPTION (NOUN): (पुनरारंभ): restart
Synonyms: restarting, reopening
Example Sentence: The rain has stopped, but we’re still waiting for the resumption of the game.
5. NORMALITY (NOUN): (सामान्यता): routine
Synonyms: business as usual, order
Example Sentence: The office gradually returned to a semblance of normality.
6. SEMBLANCE (NOUN): (दिखावा): appearance
Synonyms: approximation, show
Example Sentence: She tried to force her thoughts back into some semblance of order.
7. SNARL (VERB): (फंसाना): tangle
Synonyms: entangle, entwine
Example Sentence: The trailing lead got snarled up in a bramble bush.
8. SPECTRE (NOUN): (भूत): ghost
Synonyms: phantom, apparition
Antonyms: body, flesh
Example Sentence: A dread of spectres and witches affected every aspect of daily life.
9. VETERAN (NOUN): (अनुभवी): old hand
Synonyms: old-timer, old stager
Example Sentence: Napoleon was at the head of a veteran army.
10. EXPATRIATE (ADJECTIVE): (प्रवासी): emigrant
Synonyms: non-native, emigre
Example Sentence: Expatriate workers are found everywhere.
Most Important English Vocabulary For Examination
- Rift (N)-a break in friendly relations between people or groups of people. मनमुटाव
- Consolidated (V)-to combine or unite. संगठित
- Reluctance (N)-unwillingness or disinclination to do something. अनिच्छा
- Overarching (Adj)-affecting or including everything.
- Realignment (N)-the action of changing or restoring something to a different or former position or state. फिर से संगठित करना
- Ousted (V)-drive out or expel (someone) from a position or place. बेदख़ल
- Encroachments (N)-entry to another’s property without right or permission. अतिक्रमण
- Assertion (N)-the act of affirming or asserting or stating something. अभिकथन
- Moot (Adj)-subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty. विवादास्पद
- Deemed (V)-regard or consider in a specified way.
- Inevitable (N)-a situation that is unavoidable. अनिवार्य
- Inconvenient (Adj)-causing trouble, difficulties, or discomfort. असुविधाजनक
- Curbs (N)-a check or restraint on something. नियंत्रण, प्रतिबंध
- Adjudication (N)-a formal judgement on a disputed matter. न्याय निर्णय
- Bandh (N)-a general strike.
- Certitude (N)-absolute certainty or conviction that something is the case. निश्चितता
Admit Card banking Bank po bpsc Current Affairs Editorial Analysis english GK-GS ibps Jobs Prelims Previous question papers previous years question papers Recruitment Results RRB NTPC sbi ssc Study Notes syllabus Test The Hindu uppsc upsc UPSC-EPFO Vision Ias Vocabulary